Followers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

365 #12

Date: 2010/01/12 14:55 
Model:
Canon EOS D40
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 5,6
Focal Length: 85mm
Flash Used: Yes
White Balance: Flash

IMG_5660

- splash someone or something up:
to scatter a liquid onto someone or something. Don't get that stuff all over. Don't splash the place up! She splashed up the kitchen when she washed the dishes.

- splash someone or something with something:
to scatter or slosh someone or something with a liquid. The whales at Sea World splashed everyone in the audience with water. I splashed the side of the stove with pancake batter when I dropped the bowl.

- splash something (all) over someone or something:
to cause a liquid to overflow or engulf someone or something. Tony splashed water all over Nick. Who splashed milk all over the table?

- splash something about:
to scatter or slosh a liquid about. Please don't splash that about. It will stain anything you spill it on. Don't splash that stuff about!

- splash something on(to) someone or something:
to make a liquid scatter onto someone or something. Accidentally, the lab assistant splashed acid onto his arm. He splashed something on the counter.

- splash about and splash around:
1. to move about in a volume of a liquid, splashing. The children splashed about in the pool. They splashed around for an hour.
2. [for a liquid] to move about, splashing. The water splashed about in the bucket. It splashed around as I carried the bucket.

- splash down:
[for a space capsule] to land in the water. The capsule splashed down very close to the pickup ship.

- splash on someone or something:
to scatter [a liquid] on someone or something. Try to keep from splashing on anybody. Don't splash on the wall!

- splash over:

[for a volume of liquid] to overflow its container. A lot of the coffee splashed over before I got to the table with the cup. Don't fill it so full and it won't splash over.

- make a splash :
to get a lot of public attention It wasn't a best-seller but it did make quite a splash in American literary circles.

8 comments:

  1. Love it!! Would you mind posting the settings for these photos? I think it would help us both a lot while we try our hands with the SLR! I will be posting my settings with photos as I post them as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot and wonderful splash!! it seems you are having a great time with your new photoblog, congratulations, I will be back to regular blogging in about three weeks. Missing you all already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful!! You and the Big Dawg were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious....you did a water splash photo! It looks awesome too, the color & the water. I just can't seem to capture that. I'm banging my head against the wall every time I try. Thanks for posting the settings, maybe that will help me. When I succeed that will be me you'll hear squealing all the way over in Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best so far Jientje!
    Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I too love this one. But then again I LOVE apples so the look delicious enough to just pick up and eat right off the screen! I love "the big guy"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Kristi : Good idea! DONE!
    @ Mar : Enjoy your vacation!
    @ LceeL : A match made in heaven? ;-)
    @ Rebecca : I will probably post a how to later today.
    @ Carletta : Thanks, I probably took fifty before I was satisfied!
    @ Linda Higgins : I'm glad you like it! I love my Big Guy too!

    ReplyDelete