Followers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

365 #13

This tutorial by Lotus Caroll on Blissfully Domestic is very useful if you want to master the art of capturing “ze splash”.
Mind you, it takes a lot of patience to get it right. I took at least a hundred today.
Maybe I should show you some of my bloopers and share what NOT to do, eh?

IMG_5847

Here is the first thing you don’t want: Your splash needs to pop more, you need a darker background for it. See what I mean?

IMG_5699
There. That’s better.
Now... Make sure you hold your camera straight! ROFL!!
You don’t want the water running uphill, now do you?

IMG_5749
Pay attention to the composition of your photo. Use some color.
Now, you said you wanted water drops? And you might want a lemon or two in the picture as well but what you don’t want is a picture of your kitchen sink, right?
How about a perfect droplet and blurry lemons like the one below? ROFL!!

IMG_5837
Just make sure you focus on the right spot.
Oh yes, you might want to edit them a little. Adjust brightness and contrast, zoom in and crop it. You can find how to do it here.

So there …

IMG_5908

Date: 2010/01/13 16:45
Model: Canon EOS D40
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 5,6
Focal Length: 78.0 mm
Flash Used: Yes
White Balance: Flash

IMG_5900
Date: 2010/01/13 16:39
Model: Canon EOS D40
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 5,6
Focal Length: 59.0 mm
Flash Used: Yes
White Balance: Flash

I told you all I know up until now. It’s up to you now!
Remember … be patient!!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect timing in that last shot. I love this - I'm going to have to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you the sweetest thing to post this for us. This is what I will be doing on my next play date with my camera...oh I can't wait. Thank you Jienjte you made my day and I haven't even captured a water drop yet, but I will let you know when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cool and awesome photos! I'll have to try this out. Thanks for sharing the tips with us.

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful photos make me want refeshing lemonade, Jientje!

    ReplyDelete